What is Sightmark's Warranty Policy?
The majority of Sightmark products are covered under a Limited-Lifetime Warranty that protects against defects in materials and workmanship if the customer has a proof of original purchase. However, some exceptions do exist and are outlined as follows:
- Products that are covered for 3 years:
- Image Intensifier Tubes and Digital Imaging Sensors in Night Vision products.
- Light emitting devices such as Laser Diodes and LED’s.
- Products that are covered for 1 year:
- Rechargeable Battery Packs.
- Products that are not covered under warranty:
- Non-Rechargeable or Disposable Batteries.
Sightmark reserves the right to render warranties null and void in the following cases:
- If the device has been modified.
- If the device has been mechanically or chemically damaged.
- If the device has been tampered with by an unauthorized Sightmark Repair Technician.
- If the device has been damaged as a result of fire, natural disaster, or end user abuse.
- If the device has been damaged as a result of liquids or other substances.
- If the device has been painted or has been purposefully altered.
- If the serial number of the device has been modified, rubbed off, removed, is illegible, or has been programmatically deleted (for devices with unique serial numbers).
- If the manufacturing date is not within the last 3 years and/or proof of purchase from an authorized dealer cannot be provided.
- If purchased from an individual, a nonauthorized dealer on eBay, or an auction website.
Important Warranty Details:
- In the event of a defect under this warranty, we will, at our option, repair or replace the product.
- This warranty is non-transferable.
- This warranty is only valid if the product is purchased from an authorized dealer and is registered within 30 days or a valid proof of purchase is provided.
- This warranty is void if the unit is purchased from an unauthorized individual or an unauthorized dealer on eBay and other auction-based platforms.
- Due to international laws, the majority of Sightmark products purchased outside of the United States are covered under warranty for 10 years unless otherwise stated by law.
- If the unit has been discontinued and there is a direct replacement for that model, the direct replacement will be sent.
- If there is no direct replacement for a returned product under warranty, a product credit equal to the current value of the scope will be issued.
Can I return a Sightmark product for a refund?
Yes, but it must meet specific qualifications:
- Purchased from us directly
- In new condition
- Postmarked within 15 days of receipt
- Approved via Return Authorization
Lastly, registration of your Sightmark product can be handled on the Product Registration page.